Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My toolbar for InDesign CS5 has substituted the eraser image…

Customer Question
My toolbar for InDesign...

My toolbar for InDesign CS5 has substituted the eraser image for a pencil with an eraser on the end. It is called the eraser but it does not work the same as the old one. It does not even erase! How do I get the old one back? I have a Mac, if that makes any difference.

Technician's Assistant: Can you still find your image in the Trash bin? Have you set up any backup software (e.g. Time Machine)?

Yes I have backups on Time Machine, but I don't want to lose new work just to get the icon back. I will check the Trash although I don't know how it might have got there.

Technician's Assistant: How long ago was your image deleted?

Yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Sure, but can't think of any right now. I can't do any more work without being able to erase . Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac

Not sure if I gave you my email : *********** The eraser image is not in the Trash.

12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can click Customize Control Panel icon located on the right side of the Control panel to change the icons that are displayed.