Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I get half way doing something on my iPad and it keeps

Customer Question
I get half way...

I get half way doing something on my iPad and it keeps crashing

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your iPad crashed?

Trying to get block craft to work

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your iPad? (You can check storage by going to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage.)

Have plenty of storage . Even when I am in google it crashes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update recently in iOS 11.2. Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Also, go to Settings > Notification and turn off All Notifications for all apps.

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

You may need to do this quickly before it crashes. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

Please let me know the outcome. If this resolves your issue please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.