Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received an email from Apple saying that there was a

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email from Apple saying that there was a recent problem with a sign in. The email asked that I verify my info through that email. I want to know if it was actuaslly sent by Apple,m

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It has only been a couple of months. The language contained in the email seemed as though from another language.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not yet, I wanted to find out if you people actually send this kind of info to customers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of,,,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

Can you tell me what return address is on the e-mail? If you click the reply button, what e-mail address comes up?

You can reply back to me via the box below.

One moment

No problem.

There does not seem to be a return address. It only has a bar containing request for me to sign in using my Apple ID and password
It says check recent activity

Okay, if you click the Reply button as you normally would to reply back to the e-mail, then what e-mail address pops up? Where is it trying to send the mail back to?

It only asks me to sign in to Apple. I saw no return address. I did not try to sign in, but contacted you people instead.

Okay, did you see my previous instructions? In the e-mail, when you click the Reply button, what happens?

Like I said, it took me to a sign in page asking for my sign in info.
I thought it very suspicious.

Yeah, it sounds like it's probably a scam.

But when I say the Reply button, I mean the Reply button within your e-mail program. Just the same way you would reply to an e-mail from a friend.

It sounds like you're clicking something inside the e-mail itself.

It reads ( Reminder) ( Statement New Conformation) Statement something wrong about recent log- in
Report 5072
Oops, Rreport 5752

Okay. Well without being able to get the return address, I can't confirm whether or not the e-mail is actually from Apple.

What I''m going to do is opt out of the question and open it up to other Experts to see if anyone else can confirm this. You will be notified when there's another reply.

Your answer, probably a scam already answered my question. Don’t bother any other techs, I will change password *****
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

I would agree with the other Chris that this is a scam. Easiest thing to do is just change your password ***** this page https://appleid.apple.com/

Do not click any links in that email and just delete it and you will be fine.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.