Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was grouping information with Genius Scan and it shows in…

Customer Question
I was grouping information...

I was grouping information with Genius Scan and it shows in a list of tabs but it looks like i have lost the document. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I am using my iPhone 6

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It just happened in the last 30 minutes. I was grouping checks by their scan dates for my non-profit and I am petrified to do anything else.. I have Genius Scan and Genius Scan +. Is this information gone forever?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes there is a tab that I used to label one of the checks and no matter how I come at the information, it won't come up on the phone. The check is tabbed "Balaban"

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
WhenIgo to Documents the only one listed is "page 1 donations 2017" . There should be "scanned checks 2, 3, 4 and 5".
Are you still working on this or have I lost you?
No one is responding. is there a problem? Should I cancel the membership I just bought to get this problem fixed? Do you need more information?
Answered in 3 days by:
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 5 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

I love Genius Scan. I have been using it for 6 years now. Are you new to the application?

I am reasonably new to the application. I have been using it for four months. Because the information is only listed under the date of entry, it makes it tedious to go back to find a particular document. You have to search EVERY entry to find what you ar looking for. I created tags for each entry thinking that it would then be easier to pull up a document, only to find that the tag does not allow you to do that. It is a tag. It shows in alphabetical order but that is all it does. It's useless!I have essentially "lost" the pictures I took of several checks that I am needing to document their receipt. I have both the Genius Scan and the Genius Scan + and would have to say that this app is simply a glorified camera whose pictures you may or may not be able to retrieve.If you have any way of finding my information, I'd appreciate the help.
I have already paid to join this service so why is there an additional fee?
No answer....does that mean that you are working on the question or not there?

I am sorry for the delay in my response. I was off at 5pm and I am back on for the evening.

I am cancelling my subscription to this service. It has taken three days to get a response and the response is," I will fix it for you if you pay me another membership fee." Really? Not only am I cancelling this service, I am going to report it to our state's fraud bureau. Your 100% guarantee is just that......100% fraud.
Mike, Mac Medic