Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to get through an activation lock but can't

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get through an activation lock but can't remember my password for setting up my icloud.com

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To reset your iCloud password, go to:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I changed my apple id and I am still locked out. My ipad showed on my list of products along with my I phone as a supported devise

What is the exact error message that you are getting?

This answer did not help us at all!! It took us to the apple site which everyone knows about and did not help unlock our ipad. Refund the $40 !!! This did not help I am sending this from my desk top because I am still locked out. I understood that this would be $5 and yet now have been charged $40
Activation lock this ipad is linked sto an apple ID. Enter the apple id and password ***** were used to set up this i[ad.
after reseting and trying everything we can remember we still get "Incorrect Apple ID

Are you giving up on this?