Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Its my iPad. OS11 - I think. The screen went completely

Customer Question
Its my iPad Technician's...

Its my iPad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

OS11 - I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

The screen went completely blank about an hour ago. I eventually managed to power off and restart it. I got my iPad home screen back and it asked me to enter my password, but when I enter the password ***** stays stuck on the last number and doesn't do anythng

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes - how do I get my iPad back up and working!!!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
If you can't provide a solution to this problem, I dont expect you to charge me any more money (other than initial $5)
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It only happened this afternoon - the first time it has happened. My wife was looking at her Facebook page on the iPad and suddenly the screen just faded away to black.
I could not get the page back up, whatever I tried, the screen remained black.
Eventually I managed to shut down the iPad (power off) and restart it.
After this it opened up to our normal log in screen.
I was asked to input my password ***** strange that I was never asked to do this via voice message before, but this time was asked to enter my password. When I input my password, which the voice repeats - it does not progress beyond the last number of my password ***** and nothing happens. The page is just stuck on that screen. It is late her (in Australia) so I may not get to see any further responses until tomorrow. Its now 10.09pm in Australia.
Have you thought of any solutions to my iPad problem?
The rate things are going with this query, it will be weeks before I get any idea whether you can help me or not - at this point I am becoming a little pessimistic. I also note that my credit charge shows a charge of AU$61 from you for providing a solution to my problem. I haven't received any advice from you yet.

Hi

As you requested another expert this locks me out.

This lock has now been removed

Ready to go

Thanks

Kris

What do you mean ready to go? I have provided the details of my problem. When can I expect a reply - some sort of advice? Any advice, even if it is only a sorry we can't fix the problem. Looks like snother 24 hours wasted.

For the remote assistance, is your computer Microsoft Windows or Apple MAC?

Thanks

Kris

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 4 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

That is becoming a difficult question to answer, given the response I have had so far, but yes, the problem with my iPad continues. The problem I am experiencing is detailed in my message dated 10th December above. I have shut down the iPad and restarted it. It opens up at the home page with a funny voice asking me to input my passcode. When I enter in the password ***** happens when I get to the fourth digit of the password ***** nothing. Swiping across the screen does nothing. My iPad is now not connected to my WiFi and is totally unresponsive. If you can offer any suggestions that may help, that would be appreciated, but if it means going into a long, drawn out hit and miss approach to see what happens, then no, I think I will call it quits. Cheers! William *****

Hi Josh, Second thoughts, it is just too difficult using this "help" service - so I don't wish to proceed any further. Please immediately close this file. Of course, given that I haven't received any help whatsoever (I will excuse you Josh, you just coming into this), I do NOT wished to be charged anything. William *****

Mike, Mac Medic