Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

All of a sudden, when I’m playing a game and try to make an…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden, when I’m playing a game and try to make an in-ap purchase I’m told these aren’t allowed on my device. I’ve been doing this regularly for years.....what’s happened? I’ve rebooted and looked at my settings...can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPad.....Not sure of the OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Just started yesterday. I’ve rebooted and looked at my settings but don’t see anything that says my in-ap purchases are disallowed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope....except I’m old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

try this on your iPad please.

If you get hit with a message on your iPad that says “Purchase – In-app purchases are not allowed” when trying to buy purchases from within apps, it may be related to a restriction setting on the device.

1. From the Home screen, swipe over to the screen with the “Settings” icon, then select it.
  2. Select “General“.
  3. Scroll down and select “Restrictions“.
  4. Type your restriction password. If you don’t remember setting a password, ask anybody else who may have had access to the device.
  5. Scroll down to the “In App Purchases” option and ensure it is turned “On“.