Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad wont work work the screen says could not be

Customer Question
My ipad wont work...

My ipad wont work work the screen says could not be activated because the activation server cant be reached

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never I got on you tube to srr how fit but its still working

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Mac Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.*** and yes I would like to chat with a expert

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 5 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPad needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 20 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPad. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPaf, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPad.
tyroneboman
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius