Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It is not turning off properly and heats up near the power…

Customer Question
It is not turning...

It is not turning off properly and heats up near the power port. Also takes forever to boot up.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macbook Pro 2010 and High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

A couple of weeks....often when it boots up it won't bring up the home page so I do a force quit (holding down the power button). It turns off and then I try again and it comes up. It has also not been showing the text of emails some.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the battery of this Mac has been replaced a few years ago.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me what you have already tried to do to resolve this please?