Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought 2 new new iPhone X last night at the Apple Store.

Customer Question
I bought 2 new...

I bought 2 new new iPhone X last night at the Apple Store. One for me and one for my girlfriend. Mine set up fine...she couldn't set up her AOL mail becasue she could not rememebr her AOL account password. How do we find her password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

5 years ago when we purchased our iPhone 5S

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

What would apple have to with AOL?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
is her AOL email address
her new iPhone X has no email capability at the moment.
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

How long has what been happening?

How long has the account password ***** missing?

It may be flagged as ghosted.

Trying to set up her AOL email account for a new iPhone X and she can't rememebr the password ***** her AOL account...so this just came up last night...no need to rememebr your account number unless you are changing phones.
IPhone X asks for it when setting up mail.
She can't rememebr it as it was 5 years ago that she created it

Okay. Are you talking to me on a computer?

No...on a iPad...Should I be talking to Apple...or maybe AOL...you might not be the correct people???

You need to reset the password ***** a computer.

There is a wizard you can use.

OK...please refund my $5...this is stupid.
Uou obviously are NOT reading any of the statements

I am, you are asking to reset the AOL password. As I said you need to use the password ***** wizard on a computer. I think you are miss-understanding.

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that as you agreed to the full costs.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris

Ok I will try that. Thx

Would you like the addresses?

Mike, Mac Medic