Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Traded in old iPad last week for a new iPad. New iPad has…

Customer Question
Traded in old iPad...

Traded in old iPad last week for a new iPad. New iPad has activation lock

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I set up the old iPad so that i did not have to type in a passcode every time tha I used it and I forgot the passcode it has been a while now probably a year or 2

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have been struggling with it wince last evening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I didd a recovery and now the iPad is asking for my apple id and the passcode used to set up the new iPad??? I have no clue what the password ***** ***** tried the one I used for iTunes whack did not work and last evening I even changed the passcode Nothing works

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris