Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am having trouble with my Mac and it all seems to be

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with my Mac and it all seems to be connected with a change of my Apple ID that is not synced with Windstream

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A month ago because someone was tr;ying to use it and Apple notified me.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I reset through apple and think the problem is now that windstream is not working because it is requiring the id but does not accept it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Im not technical and these things are completely mysterious as I try to correct

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

now other email systems are requiring the same Apple ID that was changed in November. Others include Gmail, yahoo, google and iCloud. I cannot access my main accounts, Windstream and iCloud.

Just to confirm: You changed your Apple ID account information about a month ago and didn't update that information to all devices. Is that correct?

that is correct. I am a non-technician senior and completely baffled by technology. I did not realize I had to make an Apple ID change to either email accounts or to my other devices. My iPhone and iPad are receiving mail with no trouble. My MAC is completely unusable for email.

Did you change your Mac to the new Apple ID?

I did not. How do I do that and why are other devices fine?

Which macOS do you have?

What is the error message that you see on your Mac?

MAC OS High Sierra.
Messages: An SSL server error has occurred and a secure connection cannot be made to the server. And also: select a different outgoing mail server or try later. The changed Apple ID of November will not be accepted nor the original Apple ID. I’ve Tried every ID I have ever used over the last 10 years. None worked.

What is the new Apple ID that you changed it to?

Because of previous theft if ID , I will not share to anyone I don’t know and am concerned you would ask. That does not seem proper. If you know just tell me how I can fix the problem rather than offering to do it for me. If you do not know then I will go to the Apple Help Desk.

If you do not wish to share information with me (which I understand) then please take it into an Apple store and you can share it with them.

Thank you for contacting me and I will go to Apple.

You're welcome