Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Wanted to create a Book in Apple photo. received the

Customer Question
Hi wanted to create...

Hi wanted to create a Book in Apple photo. received the following error messageYour book seems to have frames on one or more pages that do not contain photos. You must either change the layout of those pages or place photos in those frames before you can proceed with this book. All gobbledegook to me - seems to me I created the book just fine. Any suggestions? Kurt

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac OS Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

Just this new book. the book I created last year I could still re- order from apple. Just this new one causes this error message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Try these steps please.
First, check that you have no pages with a gray background. Gray is not an available background option (though it looks like it is). Gray is only a placeholder for a full-page photo.
Second, change all your full-page photos to a single photo on a colored-page background ie..white), then change them all back to full-page photos.
Third, Apple recommends that you Preview your book before placing the order. There are two rather obscure ways to Preview it (I'm not talking about the "story board" that runs above the work area) but I can only remember one way to get to it. Press Command P as if you're going to Print the book to your own printer. In the popup menu, choose Preview.
Let me know if this helps please.
Mike, Mac Medic