Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I only have internet but not a landline. I hooked up my

Customer Question
I only have internet...

I only have internet but not a landline. I hooked up my credit card terminal and it keeps wanting to dial. I thought it just needed the ethernet. Do I need a landline to use the terminal?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

X520 I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

Vx520. I just tried hooking it up for the first time today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
verifone vx520. My modem is dsl and connects to the phone plug in the wall. I hooked up the phone plug from the cr card terminal to the modem and I hooked up the ethernet cable too and it keeps dialing
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

You have not answered anything. I need to know why my credit card terminal is not responding when I have it hooked up to the internet modem via the phone plug and the ethernet. I don't understand why it is not just working with the internet. Please answer

What type of terminal is it?

How provides it?

I told you it is a Verifone vx520 and I got it from National Bankcard
It is a credit card terminal for chip cards and swiping

OK let me opt out for a credit card terminal expert.