Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It keeps going back to the home screen in the middle of any…

Customer Question
It keeps going back...

It keeps going back to the home screen in the middle of any thing I am doing

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

All day today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Power drain like never before

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

When things like this happen, the best thing to do is to try and back it up to icloud or your itunes on your computer if it allows you to do so because of the issue you are currently having. Then you will need to do a restore which will erase all your data and set the iPhone 7 (I am assuming because you said apple 7) back to factory settings. Then try the ipad and see if the same issue happens. If it is ok and it works, then you can apply the backup that you have created before hand. Here is how to restore:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast