Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an i phone that constitly has a screen that is all…

Customer Question
I have an i...

I have an i phone that constitly has a screen that is all blurred i haved tried up dates and it keeps comming back, how do i get rid of this problem for good?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

I have tried rebooting but not holding it for 10 sec

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This problem is driving me crazy. why is it doing this?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

I am not sure what version of your iphone it is but please try one of the following first:

• On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Then if that does not work you may need to restore your phone which does erase all data on it and puts it back to factory settings so you can try and backup your phone if you have not done so already. To back up please reference this site first (click here) You will probably need to use itunes to backup since the iphone screen is blurry.

Then once you have your phone backed up you can try the following:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You need to do one of the following depending on your model of apple device. Just make sure it has the recovery screen as the one in the pic attached to this message
  4. On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

5. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  6. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  7. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.