Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do II get my Apple Ipad to open when the slide to unlock…

Customer Question
How do II get...

How do II get my Apple Ipad to open when the slide to unlock doesn't work?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I tried to change my Apple ID yesterday? I gave up because I didn't think I was successful. Evidently I was not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I was trying to get a message regarding an evite on my cell phone and had to use a special app to get tthru and use Apple ID I believe and it was not working . I didnit remember the passworl so I was asked to give a new password ***** I did. That was not working well. So I gave up. and my ipad has not been working since.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If your ipad will not slide to unlock, try and do the following:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

You also mention that you were trying your apple id password ***** how are you trying that if you can't get passed the slide to unlock screen?

Let me know what happens.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.