Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife recently passed away. She had put a passcode in her…

Customer Question
My wife recently passed...

My wife recently passed away. She had put a passcode in her iPad which I do not know. Is there any way you can help me unlock her I pad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I do not havejjmy I pad password ***** it was my wife’s I pad

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Very sorry to hear about your lost. There is a way to reset the iPad that will remove the PIN. However, if activation lock is turned on then unless you have her Apple ID password ***** will not be able to setup the device and use it.

Activation lock is when the find my iphone feature is turned on. This is implemented by Apple to decrease the amount of Apple devices that are stolen. So that a person cannot steal an Apple device, reset it and start using it. If they do not know the Apple ID password ***** is basically a paperweight.

Apple ID Slwitty1946 is the pass word

No, that is not the password.

Here are the instructions to reset the iPad.

Turn Off your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad if it isn't off already.

1. Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side for 3 seconds.
  2. Swipe the slide to power off confirmation slider to the right

3. Press and hold down the Home button on your iPad.
  4. Plug your iPad into your Mac or Windows PC and make sure iTunes is running.
  5. Release the Home button when you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

6. At this point, iTunes should display an alert saying it's detected anPad in recovery mode, and will let you restore your device.

7. After the device has been restored, like I mentioned in my previous respond. If the iPad had Find My iPad enabled (Activation Lock). When it comes back up it will prompt you to enter the password ***** the Apple ID it was associated.

8. You will need to have access to that email address in order to reset the password. This how things work with Apple and activation lock.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

I want to securely connect

I won't be able to connect to your iPad only your PC. However, you would need to put the iPad into recovery mode and then we can reset from iTunes.

Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist