Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad keeps returning to the enter passcode page. If I…

Customer Question
My ipad keeps returning...

My ipad keeps returning to the enter passcode page. If I open an app a little spinning wheel come up like it's loading something and I'm back at the enter passcode page. I have rebooted several tmes.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I first received the ipad 2 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you are being asked to enter the "Passcode" which is 4 to 6 digits, but you are not sure what the passcode is or have forgotten, then you have no choice but to do a restore. This means that there is no choice but to erase the ipad as it needs to do so in order to bypass the passcode. Here is what you need to do. You will need a computer and have itunes installed. If you have a PC and you do not have itunes installed, you can go to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.