Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Iphone is disabled, I don't know. I did a update 3 days ago.

Customer Question
Iphone is disabled Technician's...

Iphone is disabled

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I did a update 3 days ago. It ask for my pass code. I don't have a clue what it is.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am 70 years old so i am tech challenged

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

If you are being asked to enter the "Passcode" which is 4 to 6 digits, but you are not sure what the passcode is or have forgotten, then you have no choice but to do a restore. This means that there is no choice but to erase the ipad as it needs to do so in order to bypass the passcode. Here is what you need to do. You will need a computer and have itunes installed. If you have a PC and you do not have itunes installed, you can go to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing 1 of these next steps depending on your iphone model. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  4. On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

5. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  6. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  7. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.