Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can’t remember a password for my laptop after an update.

Customer Question
Can’t remember a password...

Can’t remember a password ***** my laptop after an update

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Can’t remember but it has been awhile

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

The screen is locked in the same place and won’t let me go anywhere unless I risk loosing data

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your laptop. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Mac laptop MacBook Pro

Do you know the apple email associated with your mac still?

I thought Apple support was free.

You are more than welcome to call Apple for this and get back to us if they do not charge you.

I will wait.