Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been trying to log onto my MacBook Air and I go thru…

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying to log onto my MacBook Air and I go thru the routine, enter my Apple ID verification number and nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have been trying to log onto my MacBook Air and my password *****’t work. I go thru the reset routine, enter my verification no and nothing happens. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

What is your apple id email address?

I am terribly frustrated. I’ve tried everything I’ve been directed to do and I can’t get anywhere. It stops responding after I enter my Apple ID and I try to reset my password.

okay, what is the full phone number that ends in 75 please?

I keep being told my. Payment info is wrong but it is correct

okay, try using your ipad to reset your apple id password.

Password ***** Notification Sent

You can now reset your password ***** one of your devices.

A message with instructions has been sent to iPad (iPad mini), Rebecca Hawes’s iMac (MacBook Air 13"), and your other devices.

did that work for you?

No

okay, try this please>

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.
I am using my ipad because I can’t turn my MacBook Air and I keep getting the notice that the payment is wrong, but it’s not wron

okay, try the safe mode steps on the mac please.

It tells me to update the payment info is wrong. It is not wrong.

okay, that wont be necessary then.

did the computer reset work for you?