Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Tying to install sierra on 2010 iMac 1TB internal drive,

Customer Question
Tying to install sierra...

Tying to install sierra on 2010 iMac 1TB internal drive, progress bar has been stuck for last hour or so, the drive has been erased and reformatted, any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen iMac (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The drive could not be repaired with disk utility and could not be accessed so I erased it and reformatted it. I am running the iMac using el capitan from an external drive & it boots up & runs OK .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris