Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My dad has locked himself out of his iPhone. Part of our…

Customer Question
My dad has locked...

My dad has locked himself out of his iPhone. Part of our problem is that when we set up his iTunes account, we entered the wrong email, so when the second verification code gets emailed -- we cannot access it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

We just downloaded iTunes on his phone on Thansgiving dy - November 23.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No -- can I change the email address on the account that way?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

One other thing -- my father is 85 and has early Alzheimer's -- we were trying to put a tracking app on his phone so that if he goes off driving and gets lost, we can find him. We live in northern MN and it gets bitter cold here.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you!

It sounds like you are unable to access your iPhone and you are unable to login to the Apple account, is it right? If that is correct, we can first tried to reset the Apple account. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

I can't unlock his phone, because we entered an invalid email. So when iTunes is doing it's double verification, the second code is being sent to the invalid email -- so we can't get the second verification code to unlock the account and therefore the phone.
I want to change the email address on the iTunes account so that we can get the second authorization code.

Are you getting any security question for resetting the itunes account.

I want to terminate this conversation. I am on the phone with Apple Support. I no longer need your help.

If you can provide me the iTunes account, so that can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. If you wish to cancel the service, I am a user of the site just like you. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support