Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPad air won't charge. The most recent update, I forget the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] iPad air...

Second opinion] iPad air won't charge.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

The most recent update, I forget the number.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Started yesterday. tried two different plug in chargers and connecting to desktop computer. It talks to the computer, but won't charge. down to 2% battery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: kanoko, Mac Guru replied 7 months ago
kanoko
kanoko, Mac Guru

I would be glad to help. Your test results suggest an issue with the charging port on the ipad or an issue with the battery itself. When connected to a wall charger, does the battery icon indicate that it is being charged? Does slightly wiggling the connection to the iPad have any effect on the status of the battery icon?