Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had an app update installed. Then the computer asks me for…

Customer Question
I had an app...

I had an app update installed. Then the computer asks me for my password ***** open it up. I thought I knew but the computer doesn’t recognize what I think it is. It won’t open up. So, I am tying this message to you on my ipad.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

Before the app update was done this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If a password ***** ***** for an app update, and if you are already logged in to the computer with your Windows password, and have the Desktop icons in view on the screen already... then you must be being asked for a password ***** your account re the app that is being updated. It might be requiring the password ***** your account to use that app, the account you registered the app with, etc.

Let me know what app it is, and with exactly what message it is requiring a password, in Reply, and I will advise you further as to specifics.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.