Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Set up a new iPad. Now it does not recognize the password.

Customer Question
Set up a new...

Set up a new iPad. Now it does not recognize the password. Have tried to do a wipe and restart. But my McAir, ITunes could not connect to this iPad. The value is missing. What is the next step?

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

Just updated per request. How do I ascertain which iTunes

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last reboot?

Reboot McAir.?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I will close down the McAir while I wait

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Since you are locked out, your only option is erase the iPad from iCloud or force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Same msg as before I upgraded to newest version. iTunes could not connect to this iPad. The value is missing
No way for you to connect. It is locked

That means you didn't put it to DFU Mode. Timing is very important when you do that and in DFU mode, your iPad will remain blank. So please try again