Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Brand new iPhone 6s+ purchased yesterday will not allow me…

Customer Question
Brand new iPhone 6s+...

Brand new iPhone 6s+ purchased yesterday will not allow me to get into my account. Even changed the password. Can’t open iCloud therefore can’t load pictures, apps, can’t use iMessage, etc. I get to the screen that asks me to confirm my Apple ID password ***** it freezes momentarily then I get a screen advising verification failed there was an error connecting to Apple ID server

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

After I brought it home from the store yesterday and I got this same thing I just described to you so I changed my password ***** see if that would help I

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

What is that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it to the best of my memory

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is this a new Apple ID account or an existing one you are trying to sign into?

Please let me know

Existing account. I get to a screen asking me to confirm my iPhone passcode? I’m assuming that’s the number I use to unlock the phone. I then get a screen asking me to sign in....

ok, yes the passcode is the screen unlock.

Can you sign into your Apple ID at www.icloud.com ?

Please let me know

Is that a $52 cost to have you fix a brand new phone. Less than 24 hours in my possession

I do not see anything about costs, but this is not a free service sorry.

If you contact customer service, they can explain to you the costs if you missed this explanation when creating your question.

I’m not receiving your response on my iPad. It won’t open on the iphone

ok, I will repeat