Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't print---systems preferences says I need to update my…

Customer Question
I can't print---systems preferences...

I can't print---systems preferences says I need to update my OS I have 10.13 version?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB--

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know-would I need do that with Brother or Apple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

And what is the model number of your printer?

The printer unplug, right?
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes and the brand and model of your printer please?

Brother Model #MFC-L2700DW
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Is is connected through Wireless or through USB?

usb--cable
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

And when you try to print do you get any error messages?

it says I need to upate the operating system before it can print--
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

And the operating system you have is that 10.13 High Sierra?

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
i thought i downloaded but still won't print
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

After downloading you need to install that software.

Please do.