Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want,to update my iPad,to iOS 10 or higher. I just don't…

Customer Question
I want,to update my...

I want,to update my iPad,to iOS 10 or higher

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I just don't know how to do it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That,is it thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Which version of the iPad do you have?

Not sure but iOS is 9 something

Okay, please plug the iPad in to the charger, then go to Settings > General > Software Update. When the update appears, choose Download and Install.

I have tried updating at settings but I keep getting message your software is up to date
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

What version is your iPad?

I do not know but the iOS is,9.3 and I need iOS 10 or higher. I have tried using settings and software update but I keep getting message saying my software is up to date.
I cannot pay more money. What I have paid surely must be enough for just one service.
I have tried to update my iPad by using settings-update software. The reply I keep getting is your software is up to date. But it is version 9.3 and I need iOS 10 or higher to play scrabble with my sister in the Uk.
Justin I had no problem with Ricky but he seemed,to stop chatting
Mac Support Specialist: Ruben G., Mac Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Ruben G.
Ruben G., Mac Support Specialist

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you.

It appears that the version of iPad you have is only upgradable to iOS 9 unfortunately.

Hope that answers your question.