Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just bought a new ipad and it doesn't recognize my linksys…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new ipad and it doesn't recognize my linksys 00663 router. I tried the password ***** i have for it and still no luck. can you help

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

I'm not sure

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

My computer pc or the ipad?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any other devices which is connected to the linksys router? So that we can verify the wifi password.

my pc and my wife's laptop
is this on top of what i've already paid?

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to. May I know whether wifi is working properly in those computer without any problem? If the wifi is working properly, can I have the operating system of the computer, Is it windows 7 or windows 10 or Windows 8?

windows 10 but what about my new ipad?
my other systems are working just fine

You don't have to worry about this new iPad, I am going to verify the wifi password ***** the computer. Once the password ***** ***** you can connect the new iPad to the wifi network.

ok

Here is the steps for retrieving the wifi password ***** your computer. Please follow the steps below

1. In the computer keyboard, Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, write ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. Check for the Wifi adapter. Do a right click on the wifi adapter in that same window, click on Status and click wireless properties.

4. You will be seeing 2 tab, (Connection and Security).

5. Click on the Security tab

6. Uncheck the box which say show password

7. you will able to see the wifi password

8. Use this password ***** connect your iPad to the wifi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

just a sec i'm not seeing what you want
ok that is the password ***** have been trying with not luck

Do you see a windows Key in the keyboard? on the left bottom corner with four square symbol.

You need to Press and hold “Windows Key + R” , please check if you see the run windows.

Note: If the password ***** the computer, definitely the password ***** work on the iPad. Password ***** ***** sensitive, make you you need to use the proper case letters.

yep did that and tried case sensitive letters
my i pad just keeps saying that this isn't the password

Open a web browser like chrome or IE in the computer, in the address box please type 192.168.1.1 push enter in the keyboard. Please let me know what do you see in that screen.

it goes to a screen to set up the router

May I know the model number of the router? You can see the model number on the linksys router. So the we can go ahead setup the router first.

the router is 00663

Do you see anything which say "I have read and accepted the License Terms for using this software" checkbox in the router setup?

the page says that the router was not successfully set up
if that is the case then why are my pc and laptop working ok
i never had a problem with my old ipad

I understand, let me explain you. The linksys router was not setup properly and the internet connection was bypassing the router. Let me first setup the router properly.

Please follow the steps for reconfiguring the router.

Turn on the router

Close all the screen on the computer

Press and hold the reset button for 45 sec. You can see the reset button at the back the router with tiny reset hole with the name say reset.

Release the reset button after 45 sec

After doing reset on the router, Wait for 60 sec the router to boot up.

Connected the computer to the router using wifi. click on the wifi icon at the bottom right corner and check whether the linksys00663 is connected to the computer or not.

Once the computer is connected the linksys00663 please let me know.

ok i can do that but will i lose our connection

Please hold on, Don't do any reset. Finding alternate way.

May I know who is your internet service provider? Can I have the make and model of the Internet provider's modem?

My service provider is Cogeco and the modem is Aris model #TM602G/115

In this case you can connect the Arris model directly to the computer using Lan cable. You will be able to chat with me and I will be manually configure the router.

Please let me know if you're able to connect the computer and the arris modem.

I HAVE A CABLE THAT SAYS INTERNET HOOKED DIRECTLY TO THE MODEM NOTHING ELSE

Now you won't lose the internet connection with me because your computer is connected to the modem. Please follow the steps for reconfiguring the router.

1. Turn on the router
  2. Close all the screen on the computer
  3. Press and hold the reset button for 45 sec. You can see the reset button at the back the router with tiny reset hole with the name say reset.
  4. Release the reset button after 45 sec
  5. After doing reset on the router, Wait for 60 sec the router to boot up.
  6. Connected the computer to the router using wifi. click on the wifi icon at the bottom right corner and check whether the linksys00663 is connected to the computer or not.
  7. Once the computer is connected the linksys00663 please let me know.
OK so now I have nothing no internet no Linksys what now
Hey where are you

May I know whether your computer is connected to the linksys router using wifi?