Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

After the last update, when I open Safari, I am taken from…

Customer Question
After the last update...

After the last update, when I open Safari, I am taken from my usual start interface to the Google search page, which I don't like. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Mac OS High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Safari?

Maybe two or three weeks ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What was your home page prior to the update ?

Whatever the default was on the previous upgrade. It had some common sites and below several icons for sites that I visit frequently.

Sounds like it was set to Topsites or Favorites. In Safari, click on Safari menu and select Preferences (at top left). Click on General tab.

Click the dropdown option next to "New Windows open with" and "New tabs open with" to "Top Sites" or "Favorites" (try both, so you can see what was set before)

Close that window and restart Safari.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.