Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone and iPad which are both cellular plus WiFi cut off…

Customer Question
My iPhone and iPad...

My iPhone and iPad which are both cellular plus WiFi cut off to get reopened ever 10 seconds to 35 seconds. My other iPad is WiFi only doesn’t do it. What should I do? It was working fine till I arrived in North Las Vegas..

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Is that in setting?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I don’t have 11.2 as they want me to install it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The iPad that works has 11.2 and the one that doesn’t has iOS 11.0.3

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update recently in iOS 11.2.

Unlock the device, then swipe up immediately from bottom of screen (before it crashes, so you have a few seconds) and enable Airplane mode (tap Airplane button) or quickly enable Airplane mode from Settings. Then go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications (tap Show Previews and set to Never). Now, go to Settings and disable Airplane mode.

Then connect it to WiFi, go to Settings > General > Software Update and do the update. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. I will be waiting for your reply

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.