Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought an iPhone 8 and it has a lock sign on the top of…

Customer Question
I bought an iPhone...

I bought an iPhone 8 and it has a lock sign on the top of the screen and I'm unable to type in the Passcode.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I've been working with Best Buy and used my Apple ID and passwords extensively today with the salesman working with me.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

NO. Thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Does it have a time it is locked out for?

No. It just has a lock symbol and the time of the day next to it. I'm going to take it back to Best Buy today. The salesperson who helped me the last 2 days is off for 2 days but I know there is someone there I can talk to. Thanks for offering

The code it is looking for was setup when you started the phone. Do you remember what that might be?

I took the device back to the Best Buy store and they solved the issue by turning it off, then on. Simple solution. So I won't need further help from you and your company.