Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I recently updated my Mac OS and now I have lost my Skype…

Customer Question
I recently updated my...

I recently updated my Mac OS and now I have lost my Skype contacts and the account looks like it has been inactive since July when I just used it five days ago.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

It just started when I went to open Skype to make a phone call. I have reset my password ***** gone through all of the Microsoft BS. but it doesn't restore my account and contacts.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I had to change my password ***** hotmail as it appears someone attempted to change my password ***** another location and browser than were I am and the one I use.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Can I connect to your computer to fix the issue?

No
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Please click the link below and login to Skype for Web:

click here

Once you sign in you should have access to all the Skype features for your account through your web browser. Then check to see if your missing contacts list is accessible through the web version of Skype and let me know the result.

Thanks,

David.

Do you still need assistance?