Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A screen popped up when I was viewing a news site that

Customer Question
A screen popped up...

A screen popped up when I was viewing a news site that stated “Apple Virus”. I was given option to call apple or cancel When I clicked on call apple nothing happened .

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPad Pro purchased this year,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Just happened once approx 30 mins ago. I have reopened the News of the day and do not see any difference

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The popup that you saw is a scam.

Did this happen on your iPad?

Go into Settings then Safari then Clear History and Website Data then Clear History and Data

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart.

Do you see the message after the reboot?

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!