Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is not recognizing my password. WHY. I don't know.

Customer Question
My ipad is not...

My ipad is not recognizing my password. WHY

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Do you mean turn it on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May I know what is the error message you are getting on your iPad?

it says Berification failed
Your Apple ID or password ***** *****

Okay so in this case we can try to reset the password ***** your Apple ID.

Please follow these steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: click on this link http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

Please let me know if it works for you.