Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to clear my old phone. Iphone 5. I haven't use it in…

Customer Question
I want to clear...

I want to clear my old phone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Iphone 5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I haven't use it in a long time, I have a Iphone 7 that I use now and want to give the 5 to a friend

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

They were told that I had to get on itune on my computer to clear it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your old iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud or Settings > your name > iCloud. Turn off Find My iPhone option. After that, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. That will reset it and then you can give it to your friend.

If your old phone is locked with passcode or if you don't know any password, please let me know

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.