Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am having the same problem as others - keeps resetting to…

Customer Question
I am having the...

I am having the same problem as others - keeps resetting to password ***** - I'm trying to download the update but I can't because it keeps going back to the password ***** - I have rebooted twice

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Its been a while - can't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Through itunes?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update recently in iOS 11.2.

Unlock the device, then swipe up immediately from bottom of screen (before it crashes, so you have a few seconds) and enable Airplane mode (tap Airplane button) or quickly enable Airplane mode from Settings. Then go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications (tap Show Previews and set to Never). Now, go to Settings and disable Airplane mode.

Then connect it to WiFi, go to Settings > General > Software Update and do the update. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. I will be waiting for your reply

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I did all of that am at the software update screen - it says preparing update but has been there for a good 3 minutes. So far it has stayed on and not reverted back to password *****

It may seem to be stuck there, but it is not. Let it complete. It may take up to 30 minutes to complete from there. Once it is updated, you can set the correct date and enable notifications.

Hi there, Just checking. How is it going ?