Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPad that had belonged to someone else. They do…

Customer Question
I have an iPad...

I have an iPad that had belonged to someone else. They do not know the Apple ID nor do they remember the password. I want to reset everything to delete their info and also not be included in their group of devices.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I tried this morning but couldn't b/c of

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

I tried this already and it didn't work.

Can you tell me how it did not work please? Which step are you getting stuck on?

Please be as detailed as possible.

This isn't working please refund

ok