Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad turns off by itself everything 2 minutes or so and I…

Customer Question
My iPad turns off...

My iPad turns off by itself everything 2 minutes or so and I have to sign back in each time

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPad Air and OS ?? Would that be 11.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just started today, I’ve rebooted it over and over

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Sorry, my iPad keeps turning off. Can someone call me?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update recently in iOS 11.2. Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Also, go to Settings > Notification and turn off All Notifications for all apps.

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

You may need to do this quickly before it crashes. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

Please let me know the outcome. If this resolves your issue please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.