Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I recently purchased a RT-AC88U to replace my previous

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a RT-AC88U to replace my previous router. The Canon printers on my network still print but I can no longer access the scanner function on either one.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Haven't. I reconnected both printers to the wifi just to be sure.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

This is a brand new wireless router, but same everything else. Everything has been reconnected using the same credentials and ssid.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Mainly that it's specifically the scanning function of the Canon printers that won't connect. print work fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Use below reply box to post your response

Are you having problem on a Windows PC?

OSX

I will opt out to MAC experts

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I came home today thinking that maybe the ASUS was having a problem with bonjour. But when I sat down to work the problem suddenly the scanner was available and working like it is supposed to. I hate problems that fix themselves but unless you’re aware of some potential issue I might be subject to, then I may no longer need help. Can I revive this thread later if the problem reoccurs?

Yes, you can come back here at any time.