Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am in an Apple Store and my phone is deactivated due to…

Customer Question
I am in an...

I am in an Apple Store and my phone is deactivated due to too many passcode attempts I want to get into my Apple ID, but I don't know my password. I can't reset my password ***** I don't remember my password ***** my email either. Can you see if I have a backup on my Apple ID if I give you my email?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but I need to be able to access my email and I can't because I don't remember that password *****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to see if my pictures are on an iCloud backup before the technician erases my phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sound like you are unable to access your Apple Id in this case we can try to reset the password.

Please follow these steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site:http://http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your Apple ID again.

Let me know if it works for you.