Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Recently I had to update settings on one of my two IPads and…

Customer Question
Recently I had to...

Recently I had to update settings on one of my two IPads and do a passcode. Now I'm bonkers with trying to get that IPad to open. I keep getting shut out. My second IPad gave me a passcode today so I could make a purchase. I was able to do that on the second IPad. However, I still can't get into the first one mentioned. I thought I had used a thumb print, but it is asking for a code. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I apologize for being overwhelmed by all of of this! When I made the purchase a few minutes ago, I used the a

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

The apple password ***** I've used for years. What I did the other day with the new settings I don't recall. No I didn't reset through the online account reset tool. That's just another confusing experience to navigate.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

IPad is telling me to try in 5 minutes. I appreciate the security aspects of this. What I don't understand is why the thumbprint business did not appear. That's why I didn't bother to write info the other day.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What the cost? I forgot to ask. Might cost too much for you to access IPad.
Just tried another passcode which was used on my VERY OLD IPad. Didn't work. Now I have to wait an hour. These are several hours of my life I won't get back. Now I'm very irritated.
12/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Hope you can help tonight. If not, I'll visit an Apple store tomorrow hoping they can help. I can't afford any more expense so remote access is off the table.I suspect the problem is simple,but I regret upgrading and doing the thumbprint. Clearly touch ID also requires a passcode and everything I have tried doesn't work.

Sorry for the wait. Today has been crazy busy.

Tell me! At my age I can't afford to waste all this time on a passcode!��

Are you unable to use your iPad at all?

History lesson:
Very old IPad opens and wants me to go to settings. One of the kids put code on years ago. Code is 1,2,3,4.Next is a newer one I will call Silver. Opens just fine. I did nothing with this IPad.Next is another newer one I'll call Gold. This is the one I cannot open and is the one I regret following request to update. ����

Ok. So "Gold" needs to be restore back to factory. Can we erase it?

NO!!!! My grandkids do IMovies. Too important to lose. Surely there"s a way.

The only way is to enter the passcode correctly. Is there anyone who might know what it is?

No. I am the culprit. When I open Gold I can go to settings.One choice under General on the left is Touch ID and passcode. On the right I see "reset". Reset means what?

Reset is a folder with more options. If you can get there you should not need to restore your iPad. What about it are you not able to use?

I get in on Gold. Not Silver. Are they hooked together in some way in Apple world?
I see a thumb print on Gold when I open Touch ID and Passcode.
Tried a passcode. Now msg is "ipad disabled. Connect to itunes."
Tired and frustrated.

They are hooked through your Apple ID. I presume.

Too tired to continue.

Start again in the morning?

Was supposed to shop tomorrow. Will see if I have time to stop at Apple store. If not I will check back in.

Ok.

Mike, Mac Medic