Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 7 keeps shutting down. IOS 11.2. Just started

Customer Question
My iPhone 7 keeps...

My iPhone 7 keeps shutting down

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IOS 11.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just started today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How to stop it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update recently in iOS 11.2. Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications (tap Show Previews and set to Never)

You may need to do this quickly before it crashes. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. I will be waiting for your reply

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

It is shutting off before I can do it
No

Unlock it. Quickly swipe up from the bottom and this will bring control center. Tap and turn on Airplane mode. Or turn on Airplane mode from Settings. This will give you time to change the date back to Nov 30

Then turn off Notifications.

Once you did that, turn off Airplane mode and update the iPhone. Let me know if it still not working

Well it still shut down
But says it is still downloading update

Let it download. We need to get that update installed. Let me know how it goes

Update complete and still doing it

After downloading the update, it has to install it. Go to Settings > General > Update and what do you see there ?

Still no

If you get secure remote offer, please ignore it. It is an automatic offer from this site, not by me.

Go to Settings > General > Software Update and what do you see there ?

Are you still there

I'm here.

If you get secure remote offer, please ignore it. It is an automatic offer from this site, not by me. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and what do you see there ?
I cant do it. Not enough battery

Charge it please. Then do the update.

Going to get charger

Ok

Trying again

Do this while it is plugged in

I am

Is it updating ?

Now it says software up to date

Is it still crashing it ?

If it is updated, then c hange the date back to correct one and enable Notifications. Let me know if it still crashes

Ok. Thanks it worked. How do I get my $5 back. The first man said it was completely refundable and I don't want to continue your service

This is a paid support site and you have to pay for support you get in here. It is refundable if we couldn't solve your problem. However, it sounds like you didn't know that. So please email the customer support at *****@******.*** and they will refund you.

Please don't rate the answer anything since you are going for refund

Best Regards,