Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Totally frustrated this morning. I tried to get classic

Customer Question
Totally frustrated this morning...

Totally frustrated this morning. I tried to get classic Skype because I could not share windows the way I want to do on the latest version; when I tried to log in Skype PROHIBITED (!!!) me from using old version and FORCED me to get updated version in order to use with client chat. AND it did not work well; voice and picture were completely un synched. What say you to all of this?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Mac is 10.13.1; Skype is 8.11.0.4

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

Unfortunately, I updated it on Friday. Then tried to install "classic" As I said, forced into new system this morning; so "upgraded" about 1 hour ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I am really frustrated with things I used to be able to do and can no longer do. Ridiculous. You (Microsoft) cause the problem and then force me to give payment information to you. But obviously, I will do it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Not sure how to add something that is not working like window share in Skype. Have used this feature for years with my virtual assistant, and now she sees my entire screen, and even if I make the one window I want to share as large as possible on my screen, it is really small at her end and she cannot help me with editing.
Anyone really there?
Hello? Hello?
Ridiculous. Lots of wasted time and no bloody help at all.
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since I upgraded to new Skype on Friday, then tried to go back to classic that afternoon, and was forced into new Skype again this morning.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

It's asking me to create personal password?

No, just install it and close it.

Then re-open it and it will give you an ID and Pass

Just skip any account creation stuff

OK. Installed will close now and reopen.
Well, got same thing, so will create password.
so here's what I have now: ID 358 749 672
PW 54j6ad (I think I clicked on this too fast so let me know if it is working)
Do I need to do anything else?

Please check the password ***** I think it has changed

right this moment, after clicking on it again, it is showing 3t8sn8

Connected

Kris R
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer