Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My laptop died when I was working on an essay with my mac on…

Customer Question
My laptop died when I...
My laptop died when I was working on an essay with my mac on a word file. It did not save. Please help me get it back
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Try this to see if you can recover the document: click the Go menu in the Finder, choosing Go To Folder and pasting:

~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Word/Data/Library/Preferences/AutoRecovery/

in the box.

You may need to rename any files you find there as .doc instead of .docx if they won't open properly.

Ok so a file came up but for some reason it says it could not be opened. How do I rename this file? Thank you.
There is only one document that has a small portion of my essay not the full thing.

Thanks. If that is the only thing in autorecovery then the full document was never saved there.

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but what you found is all that will be able to be recovered.