Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to download we code reader app. Thumbprint IID won’t…

Customer Question
Trying to download we...

Trying to download we code reader app. Thumbprint IID won’t read my print alto it works fine to open iPad.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Software Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.*** and yes I’d like a solution.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

This is a new iPad for me.... old one didn’t have thumbprint ID.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the issue you cannot enter in the password ***** your Apple ID when you try to install an app?

Please let em know

Password is fine. There is a little red thumbprint on app to install...doesn’t read my thumbprint and no other options there. I’d love to have you fix it BUT will it continue to happen with other apps?

What is the name of the app?

QR refer for ipad..free version
Has pink fingerprint pd that won’t work. Secure remote assistance seems pricey...I think geniior bar is free, but I don’t live in metro anymore.
Oops: WR code reader for iPad..free version

Can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds please until you see the apple logo then release.

Let it restart and tell me if you can then install it please.

I rebooted...but was unable to answer your post. Wouldn’t let me get your entire comment so I could reply. Still can’t open app with thumbprint.