Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It keeps locking up after two minutes. It started yesterday.

Customer Question
It keeps locking up...

It keeps locking up after two minutes. It started yesterday. I guess I need to do a reset.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Iphone 7. How do I find the operating system

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Iphone 7 iOS 11.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday. I've just tried deleting apps and turning it off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
My phone turns dark, starts to think, and makes me enter my passcode over and over. I can't do anything on it for more than two minutes.
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please hold the volume down and power buttons on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then functions please

Thank you

I did that several times yesterday and it didn't fix it. However, I just reset all my settings and that appears to have fixed the problem. Thanks.

yes, this was the next step we were going to do

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.