Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need my Apple ID unlock. Gave my 6s to a friend. I had to…

Customer Question
I need my Apple...

I need my Apple ID unlock. Gave my 6s to a friend. I had to sign out her Apple ID, but unable to sign on using my Apple ID

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 4 or 5 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to login to your Apple ID in this case we can try to reset the password ***** your Apple ID:

Please follow these steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: click on this link http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your Apple ID again.

Please let me know if it works for you.

I keep getting the message that***@******.*** is not Apple ID.

Are you sure that this is your Apple ID?

Yee. I’ve had this IID since I bought the iPhone 3.
Can I create a new ID?

Yes , you can create the new one. but before doing that may i know if you have tried clicking on forgot apple id and see if it works.

You can create the new one but remember that you might not be able to move data or purchases from an old Apple ID to a new one.

I tried that several times.

What’s the alternative?

Could you please click on this link https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201354 and just verify you have the correct Apple ID if it does not work then you can contact Apple support by dialing this number 1-***-***-**** or by clicking on this link https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201232